Star Wars: Hopefuls
There are few species in the galaxy as gregarious or as overwhelmingly cheerful and talkative as the Chadra-Fan. The enthusiastic rodents have propagated throughout the galaxy as free traders or slaves, enjoying life in what they view as a series of exciting adventures. Though bereft of any formal training, most Chadra-Fan are accomplished mechanics, and fiddle with almost every device they encounter. As such, shopkeepers have a tendency to lock their display cases if a Chadra-Fan walks in.
Descended from small, mammalian tree-dwellers, the Chadra-Fan have retained a natural climbing ability. As a species, Chadra-Fan are small, rodent-faced humanoids covered in short, thick fur, ranging in color from a light tan to dark umber or black. Their faces have large black eyes, massive, bat-like ears, and four nostrils at the end of a short snout, which ends in buckteeth. Chadra-Fan sometimes wear long dresses and smocks over their furry bodies, though they are just as often seen wearing little more than a tool belt.
Chadra-Fan have sharp senses. Their vision extends into the infrared range, and their hearing likewise extends into much higher ranges than most humanoids. Their upper nostrils are chemoreceptive, enabling them to sample pheromones, which they can also exude. These scent markers are crucial in distinguishing males from females, and in Chadra-Fan courting rituals. Chadra-Fan metabolism is very high, and their sleep cycle is divided into brief, two-hour naps.
- Wound Threshold: 9 + Brawn
- Strain Threshold: 11 + Willpower
- Starting Experience: 90 XP
- Special Abilities: Chadra-Fan are smaller than average and count as silhouette 0. Chadra-Fan begin the game with one rank in Mechanics. They still may not train Mechanics above rank 2 during character creation.
- Acute Senses: Chadra-Fan hearing, vision, and olfactory senses are all far superior to most humanoids. They may remove up to [setback][setback] from their Perception checks.